Can sea moss give you allergies?

While sea moss is generally considered safe, there are some potential risks associated with its consumption. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include itching, hives, and difficulty breathing. An allergic reaction to seaweed, including sea moss, is possible. However, certain considerations must be taken into account.

An estimated 2.3% of Americans, or nearly seven million people, are allergic to shellfish, including fish and shellfish. Shrimp, crab, and lobster cause most shellfish allergies. Shellfish allergy is considered lifelong; once a person develops the allergy, they are unlikely to lose it. Carrageenan, or Irish moss, is a red seaweed.

This food product is used in a wide variety of foods, especially in dairy products, as an emulsifier, stabilizer and thickener. Seems safe for most people with food allergies. Carrageenan isn't related to seafood and doesn't need to be avoided by people with food allergies. Can sea moss make you itchy? Sea moss can cause mild itching and breakouts.

This itch is usually allergic, since sea moss contains small amounts of sulfur, as well as iodine and other hormones that can affect the autoimmune response. Sea moss has often been reported to have a wide range of side effects ranging from mild effects such as bloating, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, headaches, fatigue, and changes in menstrual cycles to more severe cases, such as acute anaphylactic shock. Most believe that consuming artificial sea moss or moss grown in swimming pools can cause, worsen, or aggravate unwanted side effects. Therefore, if you are allergic to shellfish, which often include products such as shellfish, you should be able to take sea moss without risking an allergic reaction.

In general, sea moss does not induce allergic reactions and is fairly safe for ingestion or topical application when used properly. I have visited Instagram-worthy places where sea moss is grown for human consumption, only to refuse to buy their algae due to infrastructure problems and water quality problems. So can sea moss make you sick? Sea moss can have a variety of side effects, so it's worth knowing about them. Well, sea moss is considered to be incredibly safe, as a rule, for people with food allergies.

One notable thing is that these effects are mainly experienced by people who are allergic to sulfates and especially iodine, since sea moss contains high amounts of iodine. It is normal for my throat when drinking sea moss to have a burning sensation and also to feel hot on my tongue. I would say stop the sea moss for now and evaluate if you're taking the real one (see my post on how to detect it). In general, it's best to stay at home or at home when you start consuming sea moss for the first few days, as it can cause a lot of gastrointestinal and intestinal disorders.

I had the extremely negative consequence that sea moss accelerated my endocrine system, which mimicked hyperthyroidism, and sadly I lost a ridiculous amount of weight that wasn't healthy for my body. There are not many records of people being allergic to sea moss in any way, although larger studies would be needed to confirm this, since sea moss is not yet as popular, meaning that not many people consume it. If you're taking sea moss for the first time, try staying home during the day and watching how your body reacts. And if you're starting out for the first time, start with no more than 1 teaspoon of sea moss gel and work your way up to 1 to 2 tablespoons per day at most.


Genevieve Squines
Genevieve Squines

Passionate tv ninja. Hardcore zombie geek. Avid coffee expert. Social media evangelist. Certified twitter nerd.

Leave Reply

All fileds with * are required